- Personally Identifiable Information- any and all information identifying you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number(s), email address, or company name.
- Cookies- A "cookie" is a small test file that web servers typically send to a user's computer when they visit a website. Cookies are stored as text files on a user's hard drive and can be accessed by web servers when the user visits a Site or views an advertisement. A sessioncookie is a cookie that stores information as a user is using the Site but is deleted once the browser session is finished. A persistentcookie is a cookie that stores information as a user utilizes the Site and stores and uses that information in connection with future visits of the user to the Site. Third-party cookies are cookies provided by our advertising partners or e.g. social media platforms. Any third-party cookie that we authorize for use on the Site only collects that information described below for the same stated purposes as if we were directly collecting the information. For a third-party cookie, the third-party will have access to the collected information in order to provide us with information or services to enhance the performance and functionality of the Site.
- If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being placed on your hard drive. If you consent to our collection of cookies and you subsequently wish to withdraw your consent, you will need to manage the settings on your browser to delete all cookies and disallow further acceptance of cookies. Please note that disabling cookies on your browser will prevent us from tracking your activities in relations to our Site, however, it may also disable some of the functions and features of the Site and the Site may not work properly. If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this Site, please discontinue use of the Site. By continuing to use our Site, you are agreeing to our placing cookies on your computer in order to analyze the way you use our Site.
When you browse the Site and do not interact with the site for any online service or product from CSPM, you browse anonymously. Personally identifiable information is not collected as you browse.
When you choose to interact with our site (i.e., become a member or register for a meeting/course), we will collect certain personally identifiable information from you. The type of information collected will be determined based on the type of product or service you seek, but may include your name, address, phone number, billing and delivery information, email address or other demographic information.
Once collected, we may use your personally- and non-personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- Register you or complete a transaction for meetings/courses, programs and services you have requested.
- Deliver services, such as information, newsletters or other content that may be relevant to your association with CSPM.
- Alert you to special offers, promotions, updated information and other new services from CSPM and other CSPM approved third parties including societies we are related to and organization with which we collaborate.
- Allow you access to "members only" areas of the Site.
- Answer your emails or online requests.
- Measure the success of any promotional placement we run on the Site so that we may better match your interests and preferences to any ads or offers we have available.
CSPM adheres to the GDPR for all EU Citizens. This allows for the "right to rectification" and the "right to erasure (right to be forgotten)". GDPR compliance is managed by the following procedures:
CSPM sends "transactional or relational email messages," which include, but are not limited to, electronically transmitted new, informational bulletins, meetings and member-benefit announcements, and surveys. You may opt-out of a specific email list by following the "unsubscribe" instructions of any email message sent to you from CSPM or its component or affiliated organizations. If you are an EU citizen, you will be asked to explicitly give CSPM permission to send these types of messages. Additionally, CSPM will:
- Ensure it uses email and mailing lists for CSPM operational activities. Additionally, it ensures this email policy - including unsubscribe requests or EU Citizens whom have not granted permission - is strictly enforced.
Individuals applying for membership or registering for meetings through the Site may be required to provide personally identifiable information. This information is temporarily retained in the CSPM database until the time of approval. If approved, the information provided is retained. If not approved, any personally identifiable information will be removed from the CSPM database.
We retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to provide the Site, newsletters, and Standard Set subscriptions to you, or as otherwise required by law. Due to inactivity we may contact you to see if you still wish us to hold your data or if we should delete it.
CSPM member email addresses may be made available to other CSPM members through the CSPM Member Directory. The CSPM does not share, rent or sell email addresses to commercial vendors.
CSPM may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on CSPM; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of CSPM; or (c) protect the personal safety of CSPM personnel or members of the public in urgent circumstances.
Banner advertisements on CSPM's websites do not collect any personally identifiable information on individual visitors. CSPM does collect aggregate data on visitors such as time of day and Web browser type, which may be shared with advertisers to determine their advertising effectiveness.
User ID and Password
Aspects of the Site require the use of a user ID and password. The user ID and password enables CSPM to verify your identity and thereby, allows you access to member information such as your CSPM account, CME Credit history, etc.
When you have finished using a secure area of the Site, make sure you always click on the "Log Out" link which appears on every secure page. When you click on the "Log Out" link, you will be given the option to end your secure session. No further secure transactions can be conducted without re-entering your user ID and password. You should be aware, browser software often "caches" a page as you look at it, meaning some pages are saved in your computer's temporary memory. Therefore, you may find when clicking on your "Back" button it shows you a saved version of a previously viewed page. Caching in no way affects the security of your confidential user ID or password.
CSPM realizes the importance of security, so we have taken steps to enhance the protection of information sent to or from CSPM over the Internet. We require a "secure session" be established, using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, each time you supply or access information in one of our secure online areas. SSL technology creates a private conversation only your computer and CSPM systems can understand. The SSL technology encodes information as it is being sent over the Internet between your computer and systems used by CSPM, helping to ensure the transmitted information remains confidential.
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, CSPM cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services.
To request certain information regarding CSPM's disclosure of personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes or to make such a request, please contact us:
CSPM Executive Office
14305 Southcross Drive
Burnsville, MN 55306, USA